Naturally fermented, unpasteurized foods, like miso, are rich in a variety of helpful bacteria called probiotics. Research shows that these beneficial microbes provide essential support for gastrointestinal, immunological, and overall health. Try this salad dressing on fresh greens for a healthful lunch or dinner.
- 2 tbsp. sesame seed oil (untoasted)
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 oz. rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp. white miso
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1-inch gingerroot, peeled and cut into small pieces, or 1-2 tsp. ginger juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. tamari
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- salt and pepper (white or black), to taste
- Put all ingredients except salt and pepper into a blender or food processor; pulse briefly several times to begin combining ingredients.
- Let machine run for a minute or so until mixture is chunky-smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle over mixed greens.