Savory Nettle Chips Recipe
May 17th 2021
Stinging nettles are an herbal super food. Nettles contain an array of phytonutrients that together act as potent protectors. These delicious savory nettle chips are a nutritious alternative to potato or corn chips.
- 20 to 40 freshly harvested nettle leaves
- 2 ½ tsp. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. organic rice wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tbsp. organic shoyu, soy sauce, tamari or Braggs
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Wearing gloves, harvest your nettles, rinse with cool water, and dry. Separate the leaves by breaking the leaf from the main stem.
- Mix all of the glaze ingredients together in a bowl. Add the nettle leaves and gently toss until each leaf is well coated.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, unravel each leaf. Place pan in a warm oven at 200 degrees and allow the leaves to slowly dehydrate.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, peel each leaf off of the parchment paper and flip over so the other side can crisp in the oven. Check your nettles every 5 to 10 minutes until they lose sogginess and become nice and crunchy. Be careful not to let them char and turn dark brown or black. Total cooking time can vary between 30 and 45 minutes.
- Once you reach the desired crispiness, remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight glass container for up to one week.