Dandelion greens are extremely nutritious, with an abundance of vitamins A, B complex, C and D; and minerals including iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium and zinc. Dandelion leaves are also an extraordinarily rich source of beta-carotene. In fact, the fresh leaves contain more beta-carotene than carrots. Enjoy this perfect fall dish!
- Wash and clean one bunch of dandelion leaves.
- Slice into one-inch wide ribbons.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add 1 tsp. of freshly crushed garlic, dandelion greens, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2-5 minutes, until greens are tender.
- Add a splash of good quality balsamic vinegar and powdered seaweed to taste.
- To vary the recipe, add 1-2 ozs. organic crushed tomatoes or 1 tsp. tomato paste while greens are sautéing.